In 2013, we went spent a month traversing all over India in search of a new, Fair Trade woven garment producer, and Jaipur is where we struck gold! We paid a visit to the factory, and quickly discovered their commitment to fair manufacturing standards and a dedication to quality, and got them to begin sampling our designs right away.
Now, in 2015, we can happily say that all of our woven garments are produced in this big-hearted, but small-sized production unit in Jaipur. All garments are made in-house using sweatshop-free, fair labour standards.
They also implement all of the below standards:
- All staff are employed full time, and are paid living wages, on time, with bonuses paid 3 times annually.
- no child labour or forced labour
- safe working conditions
- full medical care provided for all stitchers and their families through a government of India program
- emergency loans for education and family concerns for all staff members
- pension funds for all staff
- paid holiday leave
- clean drinking water, chai and lunch breaks
- overtime pay for voluntary overtime work
- non-discriminatory working conditions and right of expression
- safe, clean working conditions
- skills training for staff to encourage ongoing learning
- use of AZO and formaldehyde free, low impact dyestuff for solid dyeing and printing
- energy efficient, low waste manufacturing wherever possible
By producing with this factory, we are helping provide stability to the employees and their families. We are also supporting a work environment that encourages respect, women's equality and skill development, all of which makes us very happy.